Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 2 and 3...it's getting easier

I haven't caved yet! I wanted to many times....

Day 2
Breakfast:Vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and organic vanillia/almond granola
Lunch: bannana, snack bag of baby carrots and roasted garlic hummus with pretzel crisp
Dinner: fish tacos...they are amazing! I'll leave the recipe below.

Only water...lots of water

I must say at the end of Day 2 I was wanting "real food" bad!! I hate McDonalds but I wanted a double cheeseburger, frys and a large coke! I didn't do it.

Day 3
Breakfast: Vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries and organic vanillia/almond granola
Lunch: apple, snack bag of baby carrots, tuna-to-go
THis was hard!!! We went on a picnic with Tristen's class after a field trip to the Apple Orchard. Everyone was drinking soda, eating chips and cookies....pure torture!!! So I did have a few mini pringles from T's lunch.
Afternoon snack: steamed broccolli
Dinner: 2 cups of homemade chilli...I normally eat...oh 2 full bowls


Grilled Fish Taco's
Matt absoultly loves these! I got this recipe out of a grilling magazine. It's very easy to make and there isn't a lot of prep time at all.
Taco's
1/2 pound frozen mild white fish, thawed
1 tbs butter
1 package of taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbs milk
8 soft corn tortilla
1 cup of cheese
Toppings
shredded coleslaw
chopped tomatoes
chopped alvacados
1. Place fish on heavy duty foil. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with 2 tbs taco seasonings, turn to coat.
2. Grill fish 10-12 mins or till fish flakes easily.
3. Meanwhile, combine sourcream, milk and remaining taco seasoningin small bowl. Heat taco shells .
4. To serve, cut fish into bite size pieces; place into taco shell. Sprinkle with cheese; add toppings, as desired.Drizzle with sour cream mixture.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment