Sunday, January 9, 2011

Out of the mouth of Tristen

So over the last few days my little offspring has been cracking me up!

Here are just a few of the things he said that I can remember.


T-"Mom, when you grow up and get married do the boys pick the girls or do the girls pick the boys?"
Me- "Well traditionally the boys ask the girls,"
T- "YES! I already know who I'm gonna marry."
Me- "Oh you do? Well who is it?"
T- "Mom, I can't tell you. You'll just have to wait till I grow up to see."

Well I guess I'll get back to you in about 20 years and let you know the outcome! Haha


We went to Cook's today to get T's stitches out when this conversation took place.
I'll tell you about that in a second!
Our nurse was a male firefighter that works in the ER.

N- "Hey buddy hop on up here and lets get those stitches out."
T- "Okay."
He hops up there without hesitation. As he is a great patient and is very into what they are doing. He is defiantly his father's son! As the nurse is telling him what he is about to do and how he is going to do it. T stops him and says this...
T-"Hey...I need to tell you something."
N-"Okay buddy go ahead."
T-" Did you know all girls have snakes in their heads?!
N-" NO"
T- "Yea...some are poisonous and some aren't. It's your job to figure out which are poisonous and which aren't!"

At this point all male nurses in the area erupt in laughter. Then go on to tell him he is a very smart boy! These are the things your son learns when he hangs out with the firemen!

So T is finished getting all 8 stitches out. Eating a Popsicle and hopping off the table to leave. Nurse tells him how awesome he did and gives him 4 stickers. How he wishes all kids were as good as he was. As we walk out the door nurse says...alright dude see you later. In which T responds with...Okay! I probably won't be back for a while!

Well T lets hope not!


Here is a picture of T's battle wound.
Sorry it's pretty graphic.

As he told the nurse today...he was just being a boy.
Climbing on the ice chest to turn on the light in the kitchen.
He slipped off falling onto my metal advent calendar that was sitting on the floor.
The metal corner was much sharper than I knew.

So we took a little trip to Cook's and fixed him right up.

Thank goodness my little darling is just fine!


Did I mention I'm blogging this from my bed on my new Mac I got for Christmas?!?!
Ehhhhhh...I'm totally loving it!
Thank you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment