Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Are we there yet?????

Well I can't actually tell you how many times i've heard that in the car, but lets just say ENOUGH! As most of you know we went on a quick road trip to Clovis, New Mexico. We were there and back in less than 72 hours. Our purpose for such a short in time... long in drive trip..well to take GeeGee to see her sisters and drop her off to stay a few weeks. So Tristen, Bentley (of course) and I went along for the ride so my mom wouldn't have to drive back by herself. As usual we had a blast. We left early Sunday morning or should I say we were suppose to leave early, but we were traveling with my mother...if you know what I mean! haha. Finally getting on the road at about 9 am after picking up GeeGee and a trip through the Starbucks drive thru. We headed down 20 with no problems and just a few "Are we there yet" for the next couple of hours. At this point I was starving as I'm always hungary! So I get out my iphone...okay okay (Yes I had been on it the whole time) and look for places to eat in Abilene. I find the perfect place!!! Abuelo's...my favorite!!!! So with a few wrong turns and stopping for directions we finally get there. The only problem...it's 100 outside and my sweet very spoiled yorkie can't stay in the car. So the only option... take him inside! So Bentley joined us for lunch! I was successful in smuggling him in ..in my handbag. He was perfect and slept on my lap under the table the whole time.

So now our tummies were happy and we were back on the road for 5 more hours with lots of "Are we there yet'". Let's just say 5 very longgggg hours! Finally arriving at our destination at about 6pm. We were welcomed with a very yummy spagettii dinner and lots hugs. I forgot to mention that it was also GeeGee's 73rd birthday...June 14th! So we had a little party for her after dinner with cake and ice cream. We spent the rest of our time there swimming, relaxing and catching up with our family who we don't get to see near enough.





We had a great time!!! It ended all to soon. Tristen had a really hard time leaving GeeGee there and cried for about a good hour! We had a long but safe trip home! I have seen my share of McDonalds, wind turbens (not the correct spelling...I never said I'm a genius) and flat land for a while. I am a little disappointed that my camera battery only last a few pictures and then died. Overall Tristen did awesome!!!!!! He is a great traveler!!

No comments:

Post a Comment