Sunday, June 21, 2009

Snaggle Tooth





Well it's happened!!!! Tristen has lost his first tooth! I knew this day would be coming I just wasn't ready for it. It is so crazy how a tooth falling out makes him seem so much more grown up. It changed his whole look. I'm starting to realize he's not my baby anymore...and that's really hard for me. I have to admit I did cry over this. I think it was a mixture of him growing up and also having this huge whole in his teeth. I know that is a little vain but I really wasn't looking forward to the snaggle tooth days. He had the perfect little teeth and now with one tooth missing it changes everything:) In my book...he is still the cutest little boy I've ever seen!!!! He cracks me up because he is constantly starring at himself in the mirror. He thinks he is just too cool because he is missing a tooth and can't wait for his other teeth to fall out!!! It won't be long either! All of the sudden both bottom teeth are loose to. I'm actually really surprised we made it this far. When Tristen fell back in January and hit his two front teeth in the bathroom I knew it wouldn't be long. The denist told us that his teeth had trama to them and they would probably be coming out in about 6 months. So exactly 6 months later and a little wrestling with his Uncle Jon Jon...we have a snaggle tooth on our hands. Did I mention we had to call everyone we know ( not really but close)? Rylee was first on the list! Ever since Rylee starting losing her teeth Tristen has been anxiously waiting his turn. She was so sweet and very excited for him! Then it came time for the tooth fairy. OH my!!!! He was in bed a hour before his normal bedtime because he was so excited!!!

Putting his tooth under his pillow.

Then he woke us up in the middle of the night to show and tell us that the Tooth Fairy had came!

I liked to have a talk with who ever came up with the Tooth Fairy! It isn't a very bright idea to put the tooth under the pillow. Seriously do you know how hard it is to get a tooth out from under a pillow without waking your sleeping angel. And then have to move their head again to stuff money under there. Wheeewww...I should get a Academy award for that! It's a lot harder than it looks :) It was a success though!!

As Tristen say's " Mom I'll be your baby for a long time!! See all these baby teeth I have left".



2 comments:

  1. I didn't know what the going rate was for the Tooth Fairy these days...it's been years since I've had a visit from one.

    ReplyDelete