Thursday, June 11, 2009

It will never be the same again!

So lets start off with I'm way over due for blogging...actually about 2 weeks behind. The problem isn't that I haven't had anything to blog about...it's that I have so much to blog and not enough time to do it. I think this is acutally the first time I've sat down at my computer in a week and not just payed bills. Thank God for the iphone I have no idea what I would do without it.! It lets me do all the necessary things like check and update my Facebook and check my emails. Haha! I know what your thinking. That's the reason I love it because I can do it waiting in line at the grocery store , while I'm getting my nails done or waiting to pick Tristen up from camp (I'll talk more about that later). Well summer is in full swing around here. So that means my little man graduated Pre-k...yes I can't believe it! I know it's been over 2 weeks since this took place but I have to share.








It happened so fast. How is it that my baby is going to be in Kindergarten next year! Really that's just not possible. I mean I'm still 20 how can I have a Kindergartener. Okay so I'm not 20 but I do still feel it. I can't believe we have already finished a year at Holy Cross. It has been the best experience all around. He had the most amazing teacher's this year. Mrs.Brannon and Mrs.Thomas were both great blessings to Tristen and our family. I absoultly loved his Pre-K promotion that they put on. All the kids sang and danced and put on a great show! I'm amazed at how much he has learned over the year. Here are just a few things they accomplished...they can count to 40 and above, know their days of the week and months of the year, recognize all the letters and write them in uppercase and lowecase, recognize and write numbers 1 -20, sound out 3 letter words, and so much more that I would be at this computer all night! All of the kids got certificates for completing Pre-k. Then Mrs.Brannon went on to make all the parents cry. She talked about all the kids and what she is going to miss about each of them. She said she is going to miss "Little Man" running throught the door each morning and giving her a hug with so much love it literally almost knocks you over. Gosh I just love her!! Well after all the tears we had a awesome reception I must say myself...since I put it on. On a side note..Let me just say Room mom is way more than you can ever imagine, but of course I'll do it again next year! We had punch, cupcakes, cheese and crackers, cucumber sandwiches and a yummy fruit tray. I do have to say I was very disappointed in the balloon tree I got at Party Warehouse for the table. It would even stand up. Hello arent those things suppose to have helium in them. Well so much for my $12 laying on it's side balloon tree...the party was still a hit!

Tristen's getting his certificate!

Class Picture


Tristen and Rylee enjoying their food.

My sweet boy!!!


After we couldnt' stuff are faces anymore we gave Mrs. Brannon and Mrs.Thomas their end of the school year gift. I had all the students give money and I made them each a bench...please see picture below.

Also we had each child and their parent write a letter to give to them. We just wanted to make sure they knew how much we appreciated and loved them.

This was a really emotional day for me...as my friend Sarah would say "I don't know if I'm crying because he's going to be in Kindergarten or if it's because I have to spend the next 12 weeks with him." lol

On to the next chapter...Kindergarten here we come!!! It will never be the same again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment