Monday, August 10, 2009

The list goes on.....

I'm starting to think Monday's come faster than any other day of the week! My Monday went a little like this....slept in till about 8am. Literally made myself get out of bed...I really enjoy my sleep! But I had this cute little fury thing at the end of my bed who found it necessary to whine and whine. Untill I let him outside for his morning social hour with the neighbor dogs. Yes...I love to drink my coffee and watch him in the backyard run up and down the fence with pure delight. I must add I have trained him well...he sleeps in till at least 8am. When we first got him he woke up at 5am....yea that didn't last long in this house. So of course after my coffee I head to the computer while it is still perfectly quiet in the house. I pay a few bills online, balance my checkbook and add to my do to list. Of course I would never write a to do list just to check it off. I am absoultly not that over organized. Okay...okay so just maybe I am! Now it's about 9:15 and my little angel has finally woke up. It's back to the kitchen for chocolate milk(Rice dream ...that is) and breakfast. We hop back in bed to watch Sid the Science Kid and Super Why. Oh what a life it is being a mom...some days it feels like paradise!!! And others well it's not always this easy. We are just trying to savor every last bit of it since Summer is coming to an end all to fast. The day quickly passes by...we enjoy a gourmet lunch on the front porch. PBJ and mac and cheese, gatorade, water and sun chips. Tristen puts on his rollerblades and skates around a while. At this point we are well into the afternoon hours and are still in our PJ's! So I take a quick shower and put on my new Nike outfit. Yes.. you just read that right! Matt bought me these cute navy running shorts and a matching shirt. I have to say I actually love it! Not to mention it is beyond comfortable. I must say I think I will be adding a few more of these to my closet. It might make it that much easier to sweat myself to death if I'm looking stylish. Now that I think about it more ...probably NOT! So we are finally both dressed at 2:30 in the afternoon. It's time to jump in the car and go pay our first tuition payment of the year. The social bugs that we are ....well we had to go in and visit with everyone. BOy I have missed them and so has T. Im ready to get back in the swing of things and Tristen is beyond excited about starting Kindergarten. We head home with a quick stop by Farmers Market. Add peaches, corn in the husk, watermelon and some guacamole to our basket!! It's T-bone steaks, baked potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner tonight. Matt couldn't get home soon enough!! I missed him but I was so hungry and ready to eat! In the mean time we read lots of books, played cars, did some sewing, picked up the house and did a few loads of laundry. It was a must that I got his firedepartment clothes washed and ready since tomorrow he is on shift. Thus leading into another one of those things I would never do. The night before his last shift he asked if his clothes were clean. I told him yes they were in the dryer. So he gets up the next morning starts the dewrinkle cycle on the dryer. He goes about getting dressed to realize his clothes are Not in the dryer....they are still in the dirty clothes. Oh my! This causes him to be late and wear wrinkled dirty clothes into work. No not this wife! We ended another day in our house around the dinner table, bedtime stories and brushing the sugar bugs away. It is again perfectly quiet in the house except the sound of the keyboard. My boys are both snuggled in bed dreaming of firetrucks and beaches. I'm back to adding to my never ending to do list. Vacation is only 6 days away. School starts back in 15 days. My first time as a vendor at the Just Between Friends Fall sale is just 30 days away. Oh and Tristen's 6th birthday just a day away! And the list goes on!!! Hope everyone has a productive and blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment