Saturday, July 4, 2009

American Pie


I finally did it! Every year Family Circle has it's American Flag cake on the cover for it's July issue...and every year I tell myself were gonna make it. It's only taking me 6 years but we finally did it! Of course I had to change it up a bit. So instead of making a cake I used a pie recipe.
Strawberry Cream Freeze
1 pkg. (8oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 Cup cold milk
1 pkg.(3.4 oz.) Jell-o Vanilla Flavor Instant pudding
1 1/2 cups thawed COOL whip whipped topping
20 Vanilla wafers, broken or use 40 mini wafers
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
8" Graham cracker pie crust
Make Filling: Prep time 25 min
Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer untill creamy.
Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min.
Stir in COOL whip, wafers and berries. Swirl in ice cream topping.
Now spoon filling into pie crust and freeze untill firm.
I used a 13x9 cake pan and made my own crust out of Graham cracker crumbs (you can buy those in a box on the baking isle). I had to double the recipe to fit the bigger pan. I bought 2 containers of fresh strawberries and 1 container of blueberries to make the flag. I also used cool whip in the can to make the stripes.
Tristen and I had a blast making and eating this!

No comments:

Post a Comment