Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ohhhh what a evening!


Our day was going according to plan...pancakes for breakfast, playing, sewing, finally a shower and out of our PJ's at 12pm, lunch, growing a few animal capsules and then.......Tristen lost his 2nd tooth and all I have in my wallet is $10 and a debit card. Oh boy are the parents of T's friends gonna hate me. He is gonna start thinking the more teeth you loose the more money you get. THe first one was $5 and now the 2nd one $10. Holy cow the tooth fairy must be rich...if he only knew;) So of course he is just pumped about his tooth coming out so we do the happy dance for about 10 minutes. Then he goes to the bathroom to stare at himself for another hour. No I'm not kidding either! After all the excitement for the day or at least for the moment we head to Gram's for dinner with Mimi, Granddaddy, Uncle Jon Jon and Gram. If you didn't know that is just a walk across the backyard and through the gate because Gram's house is directly behind ours. We had a very yummy dinner as always. After dinner my mom, Tristen and I were going to run to my parents house to pick up a few things. We noticed Gram's new next door neighbors were out and have a little boy the same age as T. So my mom told Trisen to go over and introduce himself. Well of course T did that without hesitation as he is a social bug. They became instant friends and within minutes were running around playing. About 10 minutes goes by and the little boy wants Tristen to come in and see his new bunkbed. T ask if he can and I don't see any harm in it so I say sure go ahead. Oh boy....here comes the excitment. Tristen comes running out with blood all over his mouth saying the dog bit him. Of course all I can see is blood at this point. So I take him over to the waterhose and start washing off his face and inside his mouth. And sure enough there is two small punctures...one on the side of his lip and one on the top. At this point his top lip is already swollen and purple. I lift it up to find that the dog also caught under his top lip too and it is all cut up. My mom is freaking out...I'm a really calm and collective parent. I'm really use to these types of things (not dog bites) Tristen is all boy. THere is never a dual moment in our house. So I put T in the truck and head to the Fire Station , so Matt can take a look at it. How is it that he is never home when I need him :) The whole way there my mom is saying" AManda they are going to have to corentine (not the correct sp..sorry) that dog!" WHat if it hasn't had it shots? Maybe we should take him to CareNow? She is very worried about her grandson. We get there Matt takes a good look...and says"oh I think he'll be fine. Did you ask them if the dog had it shots?" So he sends me home to go ask the neighbor's if their dog has it shots...oh this is gonna be awkward. So I'm thinking it will go a little like this....Excuse me sir ...does your dog have it's shots? When was the last time it got them? Are you sure it has had a rabies shot? DOes it have a tag on it's collar saying it does? All dogs that get a rabies shot have a speacial tag on it's collar. Can I get the serial number for that and your Vet's name and number...I'm gonna need to verify all this information. Even though my husband says there hasen's been a case of rabies in years.Hahaha!!! Oh so eventful! The way it really went was my mom and dad went over and the dog had all of it's shots 8 months ago. T is fine....just a very swollen purple lip. And my mom just called to say " Amanda google dog bites. I was reading on there it says ........................................ and I reasured her I would, so I better get to doing that. I love my mom she is still the same very protective, extra cautious mom I remember growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment