Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stars...Stripes and Fireworks


It was a very low key 4th of July this year but lots of fun and laughter! We started our day with a trip to Starbucks and then found the perfect spot to watch the parade in Old Town Burleson. THis is the first parade Matt's actually got to sit and watch with us. Every year he is either on shift or driving the Firetruck. I thought I had remembered everything...chairs, blanket, camera, dog with leash and then.....Tristen says "Mom where is my bag to put my candy in?" Oh no I forgot the bag!!! Just then Matt looks over at me with this look like I can't believe you forgot the bag...and then he says "we'll daddy didn't!" Thank goodness for a awesome daddy!!! That could have been a really bad meltdown. Needless to say Tristen filled his bag up with lots of unnessessary candy and multiple trips to the street to retrieve it!



Tristen waving at the motorcycles

Bentley and T watching the parade


Spoiled


My sweet boy

Here come the Firetrucks...oh boy!



After a fun filled morning we headed to Chick-fil-a for breakfast...just guess who picked that??? We ate and played but had to get home for Ciara's 3rd birthday party. We enjoyed celebrating with the Hills and Tristen loved the waterslide of course! After the party we only had a few short hours before getting ready for the Fireworks show. Matt headed down there a few hours before us since he was working overtime for the show. I was a little bummed at first about him having to work but it worked out great! I didn't have to get there extra early because he coned me off a front row parking spot. We enjoyed the evening with our friends Christna(no I didn't misspell her name..chris-na) and Coby. The boys ran around for hours playing football, baseball and whatever else their little hearts desired.


He loves his Sweet Tea



Mommy and Coby



THe boys and their swords



My little Firecracker



Fireworks

Oh I almost left out a couple of things that made our night so much more eventful!

1st: We were sitting on the side of a hill...yes I know what your thinking but I needed shade!

So I go to reach for Tristen's cup and literally almost tumble down the hill lawn chair and all! Thank Christna for saving me and laughing so hard we almost wet our pants.

2nd: This random guy is walking his big dog and it decides to stop in front of where we are sitting and take a poo. Yes...I almost through up!! And he didn't even scoop it up!! So later that evening the boys are running around bare foot and just GUESS what happens??? Oh yes...they both stepped in it! Thank God for baby wipes and bottle water. I thought I was going to throw up multiple times trying to clean up that mess. I can handle throw up and dirty diapers anyday but that never again!























No comments:

Post a Comment