Monday, April 5, 2010

Mommy am I Fat?

Oh the conversation I just had with T is just to cute not to share! It was very random and went a little something like this:

T: Mom Am I F A T( yes he spelled it)?

Me: No hunny your very slim.

T: Mom when you get pregnant your gonna be F A T.

Me: Well that doesn't really count.

T: Every pregnant person is fat...it's okay. You'll just have a big belly.

Me: That's right you have to have room to grow a baby.

T: Mom remember that time you peed on that stick thing. You know it said you were pregnant. Then you went to the hospital. Do you think they still would have taken the baby out if they didn't take those tubes out too.

Me: Well hunny the baby was living in the tubes and it wasnt' in the right spot. See when you get pregnant the baby has to live in your belly for 9 months so it can grow. And It wouldn't have survived if they took it out...it was too little.You know like smaller than your finger nail.

T: Oh I see. So how are you gonna get pregnant again? Since there is no more of those tubes left.

Me: Well thats why mommy goes to see Dr.K.

T: I know that but how does he make a baby?

Me: Well it takes a mommy and a daddy to make a baby.

T: I know that but how does he do it?

Me: Well he takes a egg from mommy...kind of like a chicken egg. Then he takes a fish from daddy. Then he puts them both in a little dish. The fishy swims into the egg and it makes a baby. Then they put the baby in mommy's belly and it grows there for 9 months.

T: Oh I see. So do all babies cry when they come out?

M: Yes...thats how we know their lungs are working.

T: Oh

End of conversation!

Wow....I kinda just had the birds and the bee's talk with my 6 year old! The in vitro process sure does add a little more detail. He knows way more than we could even imagine! Smart little guy!

Not to mention he just said the most brilliant thing!

He is playing on my iphone while I blog. There is a app called The Moron Test. He has been in there playing it for quite a while. All the sudden he blurts out "Mom! I've been playing the Barack Obama game!" HAHAHA....yes my child is brilliant! And NO I have never called it that. Even a 6 year old knows what kind of trouble our country is in...or he just listens to his mom rant about it all the time!

Oh I love my kiddo!

1 comment: